Here are 7 bike training articles that all older cyclists need to read. They discuss training issues related to older athletes, training plans, nutrition and equipment.
- Age is No Barrier to Cycling Training: Cycling is a fantastic activity for the over 50s age group and reaching 50 is a fabulous opportunity to challenge yourself and your body.
- 5 Things Athletes Need to Know in Your 40s, 50s, and Into Your 80s! – CTS: By Chris Carmichael. There truly is no expiration date on a cyclist.
- 5 Best Bike Trainers: Good reviews on bike trainers. I have a simple magnetic one. With it I can keep training year round, regardless of the weather.
- How To Cycle On The Rollers – Indoor Bike Training With Rochelle Gilmore. I had a friend who used these alternatives to bike trainers. This video really helps visualize how they work. They look like they would really help to develop balance.
- All Training Plans – Human Vortex Training: Training plans are important to making the most out of training. Here are some good ones.
- Nutrition Guide for Cyclists: When I was a kid, nutrition was just making sure you ate from the three food groups. We’ve come a long way.
- 5 Exercises To Build A Better Body For Cycling: I used to think that just riding a bike was enough to get in shape. But if you’re going to compete then training in the gym is important to getting in competitive shape.